Here is the finished version:
So far this year I’ve been experimenting more with making automata and mechanical toys. Here is a seagull automaton kit from Rob Ives’ website.
This is a very simple-looking design, but sometimes they are the hardest ones to make a decent job of cutting…
…but even close up I think this one actually looks OK. My skills really are (gradually) improving, as I get closer to the end of my 100-day challenge.
I’m still cutting my way through all of the designs from one particular book. This is how far I’ve got so far…
It’s that time of year again, so I’ve been designing a swirly filigree heart for lasercutting.
It’s that time of year again.
So I’ve been trying to develop a heart design where I can fairly easily insert people’s names, or phrases or dates, etc. This is how far I’ve got:
… and this is what my latest experiments look like when I’ve cut them out: