“Roses” papercut: #509
Today’s design is number #509 in the book.
I really enjoyed adapting and cutting this design. Because I used a new scalpel blade and was paying attention, I think it turned out quite well. I especially liked cutting the little veins in the leaves. I’m not quite as keen on the design of the actual flowers themselves, but I still liked adapting and cutting them.
I’m definitely planning on using this design motif in a future project. I can see them as the border for a bigger design, maybe. Ooh, or it could be part of a “Beauty and the Beast” design that I’ve been thinking about creating. (One of these days I’d like to create a series of papercutting designs based on fairytales.)
I can’t even remember what I was watching or listening to while I cut this one, I was so engrossed in it. I was probably listening to a writing-related podcast.