Laser-Cut Jewellery Holder
Here is something I’ve been playing with this week – the design of a laser-cut jewellery holder.
I made one for my mum last Christmas…
As you can see, it can hold lots of different types of jewellery (rings, necklaces, bracelets, watches, earrings). However, it still needs some tweaks.
What I like about it is:
- As mentioned above, it can hold nearly all types of jewellery. The only exceptions I can think of at the moment are hat pins, scarf pins or brooches.
- You can see all of the jewellery in one place. It’s not in a drawer or box, so you get to enjoy your favourite pieces like mini artworks.
- It’s personalised and therefore unique.
- It’s versatile, so (e.g.) the same horizontal bar can take either hook-type earrings or post-type earrings, and the vertical side bits can hold either rings or bracelets or watches.
Things to improve on the design:
- Create a way to hang it so that it is held away from the wall, to make it easier to hang earrings.
- Have a way to store brooches and pin-type jewellery (e.g. a tray at the bottom)
As a very basic version though, this is the design that I used:
If you’ve got a laser cutter and you’d like to have a play with this design yourself, I’ve made a vector file available below.
Hope you found this post useful! If you think it might be of use to other makers/designers, please feel free to share the link to the post via Twitter (@LaserSister), Pinterest, Facebook (@LaserSister), etc…